What Exactly DevOps Means?
DevOps is a group of practices that combines software development (Dev) and IT (Ops) operations. It seeks to shorten the development cycle of systems and deliver high software quality continuously. DevOps complements the development of Agile software; several aspects of DevOps come from Agile methodology.
Why DevOps Training Aspirants Preferred at Chennai?
Chennai is the most desirable place for Software people opting to get trained in DevOps. It is a metropolis with more than 8 million people and is gradually emerging as a vital economic hub in India. Software development and business process outsourcing is a significant industry 1and the city has today become one of the largest exporters of IT and IT-enabled in India.
What are the Prerequisites for DevOps Training at Chennai?
Anybody interested in studying and understanding DevOps can take on DevOps training in Chennai to get certified, and having a fundamental coding and Linux awareness will be an added advantage.
What are the Tools Learned in DevOps Training?
DevOps training is entirely hands-on and designed in a way to help you become certified. The course benefits you to become DevOps Practitioner through best practices in Continuous Development, Continuous Testing. The training program for DevOps Certification provides an in-depth understanding of different tools like Git, Jenkins, Docker, Ansible, Puppet, Kubernetes, and Nagios.
How does DevOps Help an Organization?
The benefits of DevOps Professionals for an organization are
- Shorten Production Cycles
- Increase Deployment Success rates proved Collaboration and Communication
- Increase Efficiency through Automation, Work with Good Developers
- A Good Organizational Culture
- Increase Product Quality
- Increase Your Value
- Become Respected in IT
- Increase Your Salary
What are the Job Roles and Responsibilities for DevOps Professionals?
High-functioning companies use the DevOps platform and use DevOps as a path to many prospects. The DevOps professionals in top companies perform a broad variety of positions, namely Software Testers, DevOps Architects, Automation Engineers, Software Engineers, Integration Specialists, and Release Managers. Rather than qualification, the project knowledge or experience is given additional value while choosing DevOps professionals for a job.
- DevOps Evangelist: As a dynamic agent, the DevOps evangelist promotes technology and organizational team buy-in, recognizes vital roles in implementing DevOps deployment practices, and assures the training of IT personnel to enable these improvements.
- Encourage DevOps’ virtues by defining and quantifying the business benefits resulting from successful DevOps practices.
- Assess potential commitments, prepare plans, and guide collaborators to accomplish business growth targets using DevOps methodologies.
- Help to create multi-generation software technology plans and work with senior managers and architects.
- Drive the world-class quality in the development and support in the production phase, rendering it more significant within the enterprise.
- Release Manager: Release managers, an experienced software professional, manage and coordinate the end-to-end software product from production to development. They should have at least 3 to 4 years of IT experience.
- Control the Software delivery lifecycle
- Manage project planning and team members’ documentation.
- Make sure customer feedback records for quality assurance.
- Responsible for risk management and planning mitigation.
- Maintain communication between technical and management personnel.
- DevOps Lead: They support on top of the whole DevOps cycle and are responsible for the proper execution of the process.
- Positions on top of the CI/CD pipeline
- Monitors the whole process, the infrastructure of continuous integration and deployment
- Know the implementation of CI/CD pipelines using tools like Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Git.
- Knows monitoring tools like NAGIOS, Zabbix
- Responsible for managing the high availability of production and non-production infrastructure.
- Know different cloud computing platforms like IaaS, PaaS, SaaS7.
- Have secure experience using AWS, Azure, OpenShift.
- Automation Expert: DevOps automation expert is a role that is responsible for creating automated pipelines for production and non-production environment. In general, he/she has two-three years of IT experience.
- Get knowledge on GIT, SVN, Jenkins
- Should have strong knowledge of Unix
- Able to understand Shell script, Perl, Python
- Have experience in creating automated CI/CD pipelines using tools like Gitlab, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, and Puppet.
- Know about deploying containers by using containerization tools like Docker.
- Security Professional: Security professional in DevOps has around 2-3 years of experience in IT infrastructure security.
- Clearly understands system security and network security
- Able to do quick assessments and make a plan to mitigate them.
- Know Firewalls, IDS, OS, strongly.
- Have a strong understanding of penetration testing
- Have used tools like Metasploit, Nmap, Wireshark, Snort.
- Have strong knowledge of cloud security.
- Software Developer: Using DevOps tools and technologies, then he/she should have experience of 2-3 years in writing high-quality code.
- Expertise in commercial IDEs like IntelliJ idea, Komodo,
- Able to write high-quality code
- Have a deeper understanding of algorithm and data structure
- Should have Strong knowledge of C, Java, Ruby.
- QA Teater: Most often, software testing job titles are designated as Quality Assurance (QA) or Tester.
Responsibilities: They should know these following concepts
- Technology: Selenium Tester
- Business domain: Healthcare QA
- The subject of testing: Database Tester, API Tester
- Testing type: Performance Tester, Security tester
- System Engineer (Utility Engineer): A DevOps system engineer should have experience of maintaining and monitoring IT infrastructure systems
- Should have a strong knowledge of UNIX, Linux
- Be expert in scripting using Shell script, Python, Perl,
- Must have strong knowledge of AWS, Azure, OpenShift.
- Have to understand MySQL
DevOps’ current state is in high demand at present, without apparent signs of decline. It is, therefore, little wonder that companies struggle to invest heavier in DevOps Talent.
The DevOps training market in India is increasing, thanks to India being home to top IT companies worldwide. There is vast scope for the DevOps market to grow at an enormous pace as India’s organizations inevitably switch to DevOps.