There might be hardly anyone who likes to buy a slow or sluggish phone. You spend hundreds of pennies and lots of efforts to dig out the best smartphone from the stores. But, despite the range, features and high notch specifications, most of the android devices go slow, sluggish and later unresponsive. Why does it happen?
Why Android Phones Become Slow?
Reason- cluttered cache and low internal storage space.
Android phones accumulate cache in its internal storage for easy and fast access of apps, browsing sites and other data. But, over the passage of time, this cache piles up and starts occupying a large part of internal storage. It increases the burden of resources and makes your smartphone work slow, unresponsive and crash down constantly.
However, there is a fix to this issue. There are few tips and tricks through which you may easily clean your android device and enhance its speed and performance. These 5 tweaks are the best fix to speed up your android devices and make it run like a new bought phone.
5 Easy Tips to Enhance Speed of Your Android Device
1. Update Your Smartphone OS and Apps
Updating your smartphone can instantly improve your device’s performance. Every System Update offers bug fixes, general improvements and various other updates that could fix the performance issues in your smartphones. Thus, you should timely update the operating system version of your phone.
Similarly, you should timely update your apps. The regular updating of the apps ensures security, higher connectivity, performance improvement and other useful features that may various optimizing fixes to optimize the performance of the apps.
To update your smartphone and get firmware updates,
- Navigate to Settings>> Click on About Phone.
- Tap on System Updates or Software Updates.
To update app on your smartphone,
- Navigate to the Play Store>> Tap on the top left menu.
- Tap on My Apps.
- Update all the apps that are available with new updates.
2. Clean Up Junk and Cache Files
As mentioned above, cache and junk occupies RAM and reduces your phone storage. Thus, you should always clean your android storage and reclaim the covered space. As the removal of cache doesn’t affect the functioning of the smartphone, you may do it whenever you feel your phone lagging or slowing down.
To clear Cache and Restore the Internal Storage Space,
- Navigate to Settings>> Storage.
- Tap on Cached Data and Tap on it.
- You will get a message “Clear cached Data for all apps” with options OK and Cancel. Click on OK to clear it.
- You may also clear cache for the apps by taping on Apps option in Settings and tap on them, individually.
- you may also use an android phone cleaner app to clean the cache and junk files in your android storage. This will be easier and faster than manual cleaning.
3. Turn off or Reduce Animations
Reducing or disabling animations can make your phone perform better and faster. As the animations remain active most of the time, it engages the phone resources and drains the battery. Thus, it is suggested to turn them off. Also, turning off animations don’t affect the functioning of your phone.
To turn off the animations in your android device,
- Navigate to device Settings.
- Tap on the “Developer Options”. If the Developer Option doesn’t show up, then navigate to Settings>> “About Phone”.
- Tap on “Build Number” for seven times until it notify you as a Developer.
- Navigate to Settings again and tap on Developer Options.
- Scroll down to view the animations options:
-Window Animation Scale
-Transition Animation Scale
-Animator Duration Scale
- Tap and turn them off or you may turn any of them off to reduce the animations.
4. Uninstall or Disable Unused Apps
Apps installed in your phone cover device storage and consume RAM by running in the background. Thus, it is necessary that you don’t clutter your smartphone with all the apps that you see on the Play Store. Install only those apps that are necessary and uninstall the ones that you don’t use or use randomly.
Similarly, there are many bloatwares or system apps that are pre-installed by manufacturers in your phone and not used often. Disable them or uninstall these apps.
To uninstall the Apps from your smartphone,
- Navigate to Settings>> Apps or App Management.
- Tap on the app you want to uninstall.
- Tap on the Uninstall option to remove the app.
To disable or remove the Bloatware apps.
- Navigate to Settings>> Apps and Notifications.
- Select the app you want to disable. Tap on it.
- Tap on Disable option. Disabling the apps will revert the app to its initial version and stop it from showing up on the phone.
5. Boost Speed Using Android Cleaner App
Android cleaner apps are a great fix to cleaning and improving your android device’s performance. It may clean your junk files, boost your RAM and help you in removing the apps with a backup. Also, the phone prevents the unnecessary apps from running in the background, making your phone run smoother and faster.
To use Android Cleaner app and boost device performance,
- Install the best Android Phone Cleaner app.
- On the homescreen, tap on the option “Speed booster”.
You may also use Battery Booster or RAM booster option to enhance your phone’s performance. Apart from this, there are various options that can help you to advance your Android device.
These aforementioned steps can easily boost your phone speed and save a lot of time and efforts. Now, when you have these 5 tweaks with you, try all these and let us know which one worked best for you.